If you liked our Gingerbread Bisquick recipe then cranberry orange nut recipe will amaze your taste buds.
- 2 c Flour
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 1/2 ts Soda
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 Orange — grate rind, juice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 10 tbsp Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 c Nuts — chopped
- 1 c Raw cranberries — chopped, – or coarsely ground
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and sugar.
- Grate rind of the orange, extract the juice and add 2 tablespoons melted shortening, or salad oil, and buttermilk to make 3/4 cup liquid.
- Beat egg well, combine with above liquid, and add to the dry ingredients.
- Add chopped nuts and raw cranberries, chopped or coarsely ground. Mix well.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 325~ for 1 hour.
- Store 24 hours in the refrigerator before cutting.
- Great for the holidays!